Monday, January 26, 2015

Play on the Concrete

I don't know why it's taken so long for this thought to hit me: neither one of my schools has a proper playground. During recess the kids play in the fenced-off concrete area in front of the school. They have some soccer balls, and there are a few trees and bushes near the fences, but that's basically it.

When I went to elementary school, we had two pretty awesome recess fields with jungle gyms and zip slides and monkey bars, a dirt area and a basketball court, tether ball, a soccer area, swings...

And the classrooms are just... rooms with chairs. I mean, yes, there is the generic educational decoration stuck to the walls, but when I was little we had reading corners and sinks in the room, microwaves and cubbies.

I never realized how good I had it.



No comments:

Post a Comment